amfori Annual Event 2023: First Confirmed Speakers
amfori Annual Event 2023: First Confirmed Speakers The 2023 amfori Annual Event is set to take place on 6 and 7 November 2023, at the Abion Hotel in Berlin, one of the most sustainable cities of Europe. With everything from a line-up of forward-thinking experts to networking and discussions, over 30 speakers joined us last year to share insights into how to “collaborate for impact on the HREDD Ecosystem.” This year, we are going one step further, and one step bigger to explore everything “From CSR to ESG Due Diligence”. The timing is perfect, 6 and 7 November 2023, as it will give our members the opportunity to reflect on a topic that is on everyone’s lips and to take stock of efforts made towards the improvement of the sustainability performance of their global supply chains.
Diverse Experts and Formats To do so, we are gathering political authorities, industry insiders and experts who have a legitimate say on ESG due diligence in supply chains, the power of collective remediation for zero tolerance violations, due diligence in natural disasters impacted areas, de-risking through effective grievance mechanism and remediation or even vulnerable workers.
To better inspire members, and to foster dynamic dialogues between all participants, insights into these topics and more will be shared through a variety of sessions and formats: keynote speeches, panel discussions, presentations, and fireside chats.
First Speakers Announced
To date, we can already unveil a bit of the roster of speakers you will interact with:
- Dr. Bärbel Kofler, Parliamentary State Secretary, MP, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany will give a keynote speech on “The Importance of Multistakeholder Collaboration in changing Policy Landscape”
- Saskia Hans, Quality & Product Compliance, TRIXIE Heimtierbedarf GmbH & Co. KG, (Germany), Leong Siew Mui, Chief of Social Compliance Corporate Development Department (CDD), Hartalega SDN NHD, (Malaysia) and Jonathan Thorngreen, Membership Expert, amfori will discuss “The Power of Collective Remediation for Zero Tolerance Violations in the Supply Chain” in a panel hosted by Aubree Evangelista, Membership Manager, amfori.
- Ali Cevani, Board Member, Yıltem Konfeksiyon (Turkey), Elif Arabacıoğlu, Quality Assurance Manager, Metro AG (Turkey) and Ayeşegül Eriş, General Deputy Coordinator, ASAM (Association for the Migrants and Asylum Seekers) will discuss “Due Diligence in Natural Disasters Impacted Areas: A Focus on Responsible Purchasing Practices”
- Matt Friedman, CEO, The Mekong Club who will be interviewed by Stuart Newman, Advocacy and Engagement Advisor, amfori as part of a fireside chat on “Forced Labour in Global Supply Chain – a Sisyphean Task?” Whether you’re a member, importer, policy maker, stakeholder or prospect, this 2023
- amfori annual event is the opportunity to go beyond speaking and listening, to focus and debate about where you’re heading and how you can rise to the next challenges. The complete list of speakers will be revealed soon. Be sure to check out our dedicated website and register for the event here.